The Carly dress is easily our favorite LuLaRoe style, for several reasons. The fact that we can show 10 different ways to style the same dress (and there are even more!) speaks to its versatility. We love efficiency, things that are multi-purpose, or anything that cuts down on time so we can use that elsewhere! We also love the cut of the swing dress, slightly fitted in the shoulders and bust and then flowing out from there (over our trouble spots). The range of fabrics, patterns, and colors also make the Carly so easy to pair with other pieces – especially when it comes to pattern mixing!
Check out this great video on 10 Ways to Style the Carly Dress. We’ve also listed each technique below for reference.
Carly Dress – 10 Ways
Description of Each Styling Trick
- Peplum/Bubble dress – Tuck the bottom hem of the Carly under the folded over waistband of a Cassie skirt.
- Knotted – Tie a knot in the front and layer over a Cassie skirt (or leggings).
- Ruched Tie – Gather fabric on the underside of the material and secure with a hair tie.
- Quarter Button(s) – Place a quarter on the underside of the material and tie a clear hair band over the top.
- Bow Tie – First create two tails side by side, each secured with a hair tie. Next, place a quarter between the two tails on the underside of the fabric. Secure a third hair tie over top of all three.
- Belted – Place a cute belt at the smallest part of your waist. I love a rope belt because it adds a ton of
- Cover-up – Top the Carly with a Lindsay or Shirley kimono, Sarah duster, chambray shirt, denim jacket, or cardi.
- Layered under a Top – Add a Classic, Irma, Randy, GiGi, or Lynnae. Just add a belt or throw in a knot!
- As-is – Wear as the flowy swing dress it was designed to be!
- Bustle Tie – Secure the bottom of the dress to the underside of the fabric with a hair tie and “bustle” out the material.
- Bonus – Flower Tie: